Workshop - Vintage Woven Birds - November 9th 5:30-7:30
WHEN: Thursday, November 9th 5:30PM - 7:30PM
WHERE: the HEDGE studios, 1016 Broadway, Fort Wayne, IN 46802
When helping organize things in my grandmother's basement, my mom and I came across a box of these gorgeous birds made from old film strips. They were my great grandmothers. She was a prolific crafter and instructor at the Parks Department during her time and left so many wonderful treasures for us to find.
After researching these, I learned they were quite the thing in the 1950's. People (mostly women) would make them to tie into holiday decor, wear as earrings or brooches, or even just sprinkle throughout their homes. They are truly a feat to see in person and are constructed entirely from one strip of film or mylar that is cut and folded into a totally 3-dimensional shape. I know we are going to have fun with these!
There will be light charcuterie and beverages provided but feel free to bring your own libations if you wish!
Each participant will receive:
- Various colored mylar to cut and fold (you can make as many birds as you'd like during the event)
- All pieces and fittings needed to transform your birds into statement jewelry, centerpiece decor, etc.
- All tools, supplies, instruction, and composition assistance
- Light charcuterie and beverages
- Workshop participants also receive 15% off all purchases made in the shop during the event!