Workshop - Modern Specimens - May 26th 5:30-7:00
WHEN: Friday May 26th, 5:30PM - 7:00PM
WHERE: the HEDGE studios, 1016 Broadway, Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Create your own beautifully unique specimen! I have always loved butterflies incased in clear bell jars or cloches. I'm drawn to their natural beauty and am always excited to add them to a shelf in my home to give a little more depth to my collection.
In this workshop you will have the opportunity to create one for yourself! There will be many gorgeous insects and natural items to choose from and you're welcome to bring along your own pieces to include as well!
* All items used and provided by the HEDGE are ethically sourced
There will be light charcuterie and beverages provided but feel free to bring your own libations if you wish!
Each participant will receive:
- One plastic cloche with base (4" diameter and 6" high)
- Two-three preserved insects
- Your choice of organic decor; branches, moss, feathers, stones, dried mushrooms, etc. Along with instruction and options on how to accentuate their natural beauty
- All adhesives, tools, instruction, and composition assistance
- Engraved plate (for the base) with your own personal message to document your piece
- Light charcuterie and beverages
- Workshop participants also receive 15% off all purchases made in the shop during the event!